Keloha Music & Arts Festival (July 11-13) attracts 15,000 music fans every summer for a waterfront escape into music and arts featuring some of the best names on the indie and alternative scene by day and an After Party Series in seven downtown Kelowna venues every night. Along with headlining artists such as The Naked and Famous, Local Natives, KONGOS, and The Mowgli’s are two highly anticipated appearances by:
1. Monster Truck (Fri. July 11) Canada’s newest rock success story will make their first tour of Western Canada and take to the stage at Keloha to close out the first night of the festival.
2. Sky Ferreira (Sat. July 12) Synth-pop singer-songwriter and model performs her only North American date this summer at the Keloha Music & Arts Festival.
Hot on the heels of the Keloha Music & Arts Festival, Monster Energy Center of Gravity brings top performers from EDM (Electronic Dance Music), hip hop, indie rock and pop together with some of the greatest extreme athletes across 7 sports for three days to create Canada’s Hottest Beach Festival. In addition to sets by Juno Award-winning duo Tegan & Sara and indie-pop sensation Capital Cities, this year’s lineup includes three headliners performing their only Western Canadian dates:
3. Chromeo (Sun., July 27) This genre-bending Montreal-based electro-funk duo’s only Western Canadian stop this summer will be at Monster Energy Center of Gravity. (Other Canadian date: Montreal’s Osheaga Festival)
4. J. Cole (Sat. July 26) This Grammy-nominated hip-hop star and producer makes his only Western Canadian stop this summer at Monster Energy Center of Gravity. (Other Canadian date: Montreal’s Osheaga Festival)
5. Calvin Harris (Fri. July 25) This internationally renowned Scottish DJ, singer and songwriter is nothing short of an EDM god. Calvin Harris is also a sought-after producer and has worked with Rihanna, Kylie Minogue and Mary J. Blige. His only Western Canadian date this summer is at Monster Energy Center of Gravity (Other Canadian date: Toronto)
For images and artist interview opportunities, or more information on the Keloha Music & Arts Festival and Monster Energy Center of Gravity, please contact Camber Communications:
Kate MacDougall or Steven Schelling
Keloha Music and Arts Festival:
Keloha is a music and arts festival that prides itself on being “a waterfront escape into music and art.” It takes place in Kelowna’s Waterfront Park, on Okanagan Lake, and draws over 15,000 people throughout the weekend. The 2014 festival will take place on July 11 – 13 and includes 2 stages, arts exhibitions and installations, beverage gardens, and an exhibitors’ village. The line-up features over 30 bands with an eclectic mix of indie, rock and alternative music. Visit www.keloha.com for more information.
Monster Energy Center of Gravity:
Billed as Canada’s Hottest Beach Festival, Monster Energy Center of Gravity is the largest event of its kind in Western Canada with all-star live music performances, EDM shows and some of the world’s top professional extreme athletes competing for some of the country’s highest prize pools. The festival draws over 30,000 people and will return to the shores of Okanagan Lake and Kelowna’s City Park, July 25 – 27, 2014. For more information, visit: www.centerofgravity.ca
About Wet Ape Productions:
Wet Ape was established in 2007 for the purpose of creating and developing unique sport, music, and cultural events across Western Canada. Wet Ape’s vision is to create people’s favorite moments and their mission is to enrich people’s lives by creating innovative experiences that are exceptionally executed. Wet Ape is best know for creating and producing large outdoor festivals including Canada's hottest beach festival, Center of Gravity; as well as the Keloha Music and Arts Festival. Wet Ape is a part owner of a mid-sized special events venue in Vancouver, The Imperial and has created and produced a wide variety of concerts and events in Kelowna, Vancouver, and Victoria. Wet Ape has also produced large-scale arena shows with some of the biggest names in electronic dance music, including Deadmau5, Calvin Harris, Hardwell, and Tiesto. For more information, visit: www.wetape.com